Friday

 

Stars React to Nominations

2011 Golden Globe Noms Reactions
 Let award season begin! The 2011 Golden Globes nominations were announced Tuesday morning. (Click here for a complete list of noms.) So while these celebs got the call that they're in the running, we're sure they didn't mind the early morning wake-up call. Keep clicking to see what stars like James Franco, Natalie Portman,
Ryan Gosling and more had to say about their nods!


I'm very honored by the HFPA nomination, and to be included in this group of actresses I so admire. The experience of filming 'Black Swan' with Darren Aronofsky and our incredible crew is already the most fulfilling experience of my career. The audience appreciation of the film is only furthering how grateful and proud I am to be part of the film." -- Natalie Portman, nominated for best dramatic actress in a motion picture for "Black Swan," which is also nominated for best dramatic movie
My morning is extra fantastic! A month ago this movie was on the shelf and I wasn't so sure it was going to see the light of day. Now this good news has come and it means we have a greater chance of opening wide in the new year. Recognition like this plucks it out of the melee of movies that is out there and makes people take notice. And I happen to think there's still a place for
To be selected with these extraordinary nominees is an honor and boy was I ready for some good news!" -- Michael Douglas on his best supporting actor nomination for "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps
The phone wouldn't stop ringing so I finally picked up. When you're half-asleep and the phone rings and it's pitch black outside you think the worst. I automatically assumed somebody got hurt. ... The fact that ['Black Swan'] is being recognized in this capacity, is something I don't think anyone ever expected." -- Mila Kunis, on being nominated for best supporting actress for "Black Swan," which is also nominated for best dramatic motion picture
Thank you to everyone at The HFPA. It's a great thrill to be honored for this performance. I believe Richard made a lovely movie, and I am really happy for the film to be recognized. I share this with Rosamund, Dustin and all the cast and crew, who were a joy to work with." -- "Blue Valentine" star Ryan Gosling, on his best actor in a dramatic motion picture nomination
Oh my g-d!!!! So excited, happy, thrilled, and thankful this morning:) What amazing news!! So happy for our show, Jane, matt & chris too!!!!" -- Lea Michelle, on her best supporting actress in a TV comedy or musical nod, as well as her co-stars nominations
I'm so honored to be nominated for a Golden Globe. Working on 'Modern Family' is truly the best job and to be recognized for my work is such a gift." -- Sofia Vergara, on her best supporting actress nod for "Modern Family," which is also nominated for best TV comedy or musical
This nomination is an honor and I am thrilled to share it with my friend, my co-conspirator, and my favorite dance partner, Ryan Gosling. Thank you so much to The Hollywood Foreign Press, The Weinstein Company and of course to the inestimable Derek Cianfrance, whose vision led and sustained us all." -- "Blue Valentine" star Michelle Williams, on her best actress in a dramatic
I want to thank the HFPA for recognizing our song 'Bound to You'. It is a ballad Sia and I wrote from the heart and one that I am extremely proud of. I am thrilled that our film 'Burlesque' was nominated for a Golden Globe Award. Making this movie was a life changing experience and I couldn't be more pleased that the Foreign Press has recognized the hard work the cast
I'm truly grateful to be recognized by the Hollywood Foreign press for this film, and euphoric to be in the company of so many of my colleagues." -- Colin Firth on his best actor in a dramatic motion picture nod for ""The King's Speech
"It took more than four years to get our little movie off the ground, and to be recognized for my work in a film that means so much to me is truly such an honor. Thank you to the Hollywood Foreign Press for your continued support." -- Nicole Kidman, on being nominated for best actress in a dramatic motion picture for "Rabbit Hole
What an exciting morning for our film, especially when you consider what a terrific year it was for movies. Thank you Hollywood Foreign Press Association for this honor and also for recognizing Mark, Melissa, Christian and David's great work. I am deeply proud of the film and to be honored for it is icing on the cake." -- Amy Adams, on being nominated for best supporting actress in a movie for "The Fighter," which is also nominated for best dramatic movie
"what could be better than celebrating 2 golden globe noms for #TANGLED with @ZacharyLevi, directors byron and nathan and co in melbourne?!?" -- Mandy Moore, on "Tangled"'s best original song and best animated movie nods via Twitter
"OMGG! I can't believe it! Am I awake? OUCH! Yes, I'm awake! I'm going to obnoxiously tackle everyone I see today!" -- Chris Colfer, on his best supporting actor nod and "Glee"'s whopping five total nominations
"'30 Rock' is back, bigger and better than ever! We are very grateful to the Hollywood Foreign Press." -- "30 Rock" star Alec Baldwin, on his best actor in a TV comedy or musical nod and the show's best TV comedy or musical nomination
"I am honored to be recognized by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association. Temple Grandin is an extraordinary, revolutionary and inspiring woman. I feel deeply privileged to have been chosen to tell her story." -- Claire Danes, on her best actress in a mini-series or TV movie nod for "Temple Grandin," which is also nominated for best mini-series or TV movie
"You'll see this Golden Globe nominee picking up dog poop in about twenty minutes." -- "Breaking Bad"'s Bryan Cranston on how he's celebrating his best actor in a TV drama nomination to the Hollywood Reporter
"I feel extremely honored to be nominated amongst such a talented group of women and I'm absolutely thrilled for our show, 'The Big C' and would like to congratulate all of the cast and crew on their nomination." -- Laura Linney, on her nod for best actress for "The Big C," which is also nominated for best TV comedy or musical series
"Playing an Australian commoner called upon to teach an reluctant English King some life lessons for me was fascinating in itself. To have it embraced by American audiences and to be so honored by the HFPA only endorses how global this story has become. Seeing a small scale project play into an international arena makes this all the more worthwhile." -- Geoffrey Rush on
his best supporting actor nomination for "The King's Speech"
"My friends and I at 'Nurse Jackie' are thrilled to be recognized for the work we love to do." -- Edie Falco, on her nomination for best actress in a TV comedy or musical for "Nurse Jackie," which is also nominated for best TV comedy or musical
"I'm really floored, and we all get to sit at that table together now ‹ I won't be sitting next to a stranger! We're in our fourth season, so to have this happen now is all the more exciting because [the show's success] wasn't immediate." -- Jim Parsons on his first Golden Globe comedy actor nomination for "The Big Bang Theory" and the show's nomination for best TV comedy or musical to
the Hollywood Reporter
"I had to calm myself down in my trailer [on the set of 'X-Men: First Class'], because I knew if I walked out I would've done cartwheels screaming 'I just got nominated for a Golden Globe' and then I wouldn't have any friends anymore. I told the hair and makeup girls, and of course that's where all the rumors originate anyway, so it didn't take long for it to get all the away across set. We're just

Labels: , , , ,






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]